I was "tagged" by Diana to blog on 7 things about myself... I guess any 7 things, or 7 things you may not know about me... let's see how this goes!
1) I grew up on a sheep farm in Newberry, FL- outside of Gainesville, home of the Florida Gators. Yes, I know how to sheer sheep, butcher sheep, and the taste of sheep poo. (apparently I thought it was raisins when I was little- thanks for watching out for me, mom & dad!) I grew up barefoot and sunburned!
2) I always chew my food equally on both sides of my mouth- ex: this morning I was eating fruit loops. 2 loops for the right teeth, 2 loops for the left. If I have an odd number I bite it in half. I do this almost without thinking now, but I know it's a little strange!
3) I've participated in sports since joining my cousin's baseball team in elementary school. (I did great cartwheels in left field!) I ran track & cross country exclusively from my sophomore year of high school thru my sophomore year at Auburn. I loved the 800meters in track and never really liked cross country! Now I don't run a single step, though I sometimes think I'd love to be back in it- I'm lazy without a team and my knees are completely shot!
4) Larry & I both had a Chevy Celebrity as our first car, as did my best friend Janet. The Celeb was a great first car- the door handle didn't work from the inside, the radio was iffy, it would constantly stall out, and the whole car vibrated violently if it was going over 70 mph, but it could squeeze in 5+ friends on its bench seats and drive thru anything! Also, Larry & I both had Jeep Cherokees as our 2nd cars! We knew it was meant to be when we found this out! ;)
5) My family always believed in vacations and so I've done a lot of traveling. Larry & I have tried to do as much as possible BK (before kiddos) and hope to share our adventures with them one day...In the States I've been as far as Hawaii, Seattle, CO & New Mexico, and as north as MI, NYC & DC. Outside the US I've been to Puerto Rico, Ireland, England, France, Spain, Italy, Morocco, China, the British Virgin Islands, Jamaica, & St Thomas...
6) I had braces twice. I got them for the first time in 5th grade, and got them off in 7th grade. But by my junior year of high school my mom noticed my teeth shifting slightly- even though I was diligent about my retainers! Wanting to get her full money's worth, she demanded the braces go back on, so I had braces my whole senior year of high school, getting them off just before graduation. And this was before they had the clear kind! But now I have pretty teeth!
7) I love to read and, if I have the books and time, available, can read a book a day, no matter how long. But that is usually with fiction books- give me an autobiography or "advice" book and I may never finish it!
This was harder than I thought. And it was only 7 random things... I don't know how Diana listed hers in such short sentences. I guess I'm just long-winded!
Who's next?? I tag - - - Sandy & Shireen - - -